Happy, hard-working people make enjoyable workplaces
Are you ready to build beautiful homes and long-lasting relationships? Are you a hard worker who believes that courtesy, respect and collaboration make for happy clients, successful projects and an enjoyable workplace? Then come join our team. Below are our current job openings. Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Anna Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position entails day-to-day on-site project management, and the coordination of all on-site construction activities including subcontractor scheduling, staff direction and quality management. The Site Supervisor’s primary concerns are quality and schedule.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of the internet, email programs, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Thorough awareness of construction means and methods, and the proper approach to installation of varying materials.
- General awareness of code and proper installation techniques for all subcontractor trades
- Ability to lead a group of staff, direct efforts, maintain positive work ethic and high quality craftsmanship
- Ability to communicate through multiple methods with subcontractors, staff, clients, partners and designers
- Maintain tool collect per GGB policy
Required Daily Activities
- Direct daily job site operations, maintain decorum, hours and job site rules
- Answer all job site questions, and therefore, must be familiar with all available source material for the project and be able to refer to that information prior to asking clarification from other sources
- Keep up-to-date and organized plan, spec and PDF sets available for review
- Transmit all questions to Project Manager and/or architect
- Keep detailed logs of daily activities, including deliveries, staff hours, subcontractor presence and additional work
- Track Change Orders, including signing off on subcontractor work and keeping track of in-house hours
- Sign off on staff time sheets
- Take-off and order materials; order all wood products
- Maintain a one to two week look-ahead schedule.
- Make all subcontractor appointments; schedule deliveries and subcontractors.
- Coordinate regularly with Project Manage and overall project schedule
This position requires the ability to lead and manage a carpentry crew on both large and small projects such as: framing, full interior and/or exterior trim, siding, cabinet making, stair installation, custom millwork and more. The position also requires the ability to perform complicated and intense carpentry projects like the ones described above.
- Master craftsman, able to execute details at a very high level with few mistakes
- Awareness of how materials interact, age and perform in varying applications
- Maintain tool collection per GGB policy
- Collaborate with Site Supervisor on detailed installations
- Lead small carpentry crew as necessary
- Train apprentice carpenters/helpers
- Execute all types of carpentry tasks expeditiously and at a high level